What I offer:
I am a qualified psychologist. I offer treatment, in the form of therapy, for mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, stress, chronic pain, addiction issues. I also see people who are struggling to deal with life crises, or adjust to life’s demands. I also provide coaching in order to reach a specific goal or simply to get to know yourself better.
I can help you with:
- An ongoing mental health issue that’s stopping you from getting what you want in life (for example: anxiety, depression)
- Managing your workload effectively and increase performance. We work on fighting procrastination, tackling issues of self-esteem and confidence, learn effective time-management and organisation skills, develop positive habits (and break bad ones), increase will-power, focus on success
- Getting a hold on addictions, whether it be to drugs and alcohol, smoking, food, sugar cravings, internet, shopping.
- Breaking out of negative self-image in order to go forward in life.
- Finding the motivation to change.
- Developping positive relationships. I can teach you how to be more assertive and actually ask people what you want in a positive way.
- Communicating more effectively.
- Support during a tough period in life.
Where a specific disorder is the reason you seek therapy, our therapeutic goals will be to:
- Alleviate symptoms quickly.
- Gain autonomy, recover lost freedoms, detach yourself from toxic relationships.
- Gain the necessary skills to deal with relapse, without having to come back for sessions.
- Obtain long-lasting results and life-long changes through a better understanding of how you function as an individual.
Where supportive therapy is involved, our therapeutic goals will be to:
- Alleviate uncomfortable and paralysing feelings.
- Gain skills in adaptive ways of coping.
- Obtain support from me for however long you choose.
- Obtain life-long changes through a better understanding of how you function as an individual.
Online consultations are part of the service I provide.
It’s simple, just book a session and I’ll be notified immediately. This means you can get started straight away. No waiting lists. No waiting between sessions.
No matter in what setting we conduct our sessions, my work with my clients is always:
- Strictly confidential.
- Non-judgemental, supportive and empathetic.
- Adheres to the Code of ethics for Psychologists.
- I combine different techniques to adapt to individual client needs.
This is the book that changed my life:
It’s an old and battered book and the concepts outlined within its pages are long outdated. But this book changed my life because I was fourteen years old when I read it. That was when I knew I wanted to become a psychologist. My first urge was to know more about the people around me and about myself; to better understand the world. Progressively this urge turned to a need to help others. That’s what I’ve been doing since 2007.
My experience and training:
A Psychology Honours graduate from the University of Sydney (Australia), I moved to Paris to start afresh in a new country after a first experience working in a social work environment, assisting women and children escaping domestic violence. Needing to obtain credentials here in France, I decided went back to uni and obtained my Master’s degree in Psychology from Paris 5 University.
I was employed as a psychologist by a large French corporation that same year, applying my psychology skills to the workplace environment at many different levels (corporate, employment issues, recruitment, training, counselling, vocational guidance, assertiveness training). I know and understand the demands of corporate life, in terms of pressure and performance, work relations, communication, stress. I can help with work-related issues.
I left the corporate environment and continued vocational training in psychology. I completed specialist training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Ethology (the study of animal and human behaviour), Human-Animal Studies (HAS), and Existential Counselling.
I decided to open my own private practice in the 9th District of Paris and via Skype for my clients who cannot, or do not wish to, come to Paris for consultations in 2015.
Because I was trained in Australia and France, my therapeutic practice has received numerous sources of input and therefore I have no single-school model. I essentially practise Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and supportive psychotherapy. Importantly, I use only evidence-based treatments such as CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). These are treatments whose effectiveness has been validated by multiple research studies, so that clients can be confident that they’re getting the best treatment for their problem, and that their time in therapy will be worthwhile and rewarding.
What I like to do in my free time:
As a budding artist in my free-time, I incorporate creative elements in my psychology practice, as well as exploring the role of animals in therapeutic settings and their importance for mental health, an ongoing research theme I undertake in my own time. If you’re interested in these subjects, I’m happy to discuss them with you!
Why I offer online therapy:
The advantages of online therapy are:
- ability to consult a therapist if you live in a remote area or are unable to move easily due to disability or illness.
- usually lower fees due to the therapist having fewer overheads (no private practice for example)
- the therapist can easily send notes and resources and even share their screen for when we do CBT exercises.
See you soon!
Feel free to contact me by email or via the conact form on this page.
Thank you for visiting my website!